We are looking to recruit and experienced Firmware Engineer with strong embedded programming and practical skills to work on an exciting new project.
- Capture requirements of an embedded system and translate to schematics & BoM
Design implement and debug software / firmware of embedded devices
- Review code / hardware designs
- Analyze and optimise the performance of designs
- Create prototype hardware as well as contributing to end-user products
Work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Can write device drivers / firmware / bootloaders
- C/C++ using IAR / Keil / similar
- Experience with GIT / SVN or similar Version Control
- RTOS development - FreeRTOS / VxWorks / Neutrino / Integrity / RTLinux / RTAI
- High-speed data capture and processing (eg HDMI protocol). Must be at Ghz speed, not MHz.
- Good hands-on skills
- Can comfortably read schematics and component data sheets
- Circuit design / PCB layout - Altium / Eagle etc.
- Some exposure to C++ or similar / OO / Software Engineering
- Exposure to safety-critical systems (eg medical, airline)
- Experience with optics